Henrico County Public Schools will offer meals to children this summer at 24 local sites as part of the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Summer Food Service Program. (Service dates for the various locations are listed below)
The federal program is administered in Henrico County by the HCPS Department of School Nutrition Services to help ensure that children receive nutritious meals when school is not in session.
All children are eligible for free meals, regardless of whether they are enrolled in summer programs. After the scheduled daily meals service for children enrolled in summer programs is over, meals service will begin for other children ages 18 or younger who are accompanied by a parent or guardian. Parents and guardians are not eligible for the free meals service; meals are not available to go and must be consumed at the summer program sites.
Food service will be provided from Monday through Thursday each week during the summer. (All sites will be closed July 4 in recognition of the Independence Day holiday.) Breakfast will be served from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m., and lunch will be served from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Specific breakfast and lunch times will vary depending on location.
Service is on a first-come, first-served basis, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.
Summer meals sites
(Breakfast will be served from 7-9 a.m. and lunch will be served from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Specific breakfast and lunch times will vary depending on location. There will be no food services July 4.)
Elementary school sites:
• George Baker Elementary School, 6651 Willson Road (June 21-Aug. 11)
• Chamberlayne Elementary School, 8200 St. Charles Road (July 11-Aug. 4)
• Crestview Elementary School, 1901 Charles St. (July 11-Aug. 4)
• Dumbarton Elementary School, 9000 Hungary Spring Road (June 21-Aug. 11)
• Fair Oaks Elementary School, 201 Jennings Road (July 11-Aug. 4)
• Harvie Elementary School, 3401 Harvie Road (June 21-Aug. 11)
• Highland Springs Elementary School, 600 Pleasant St. (July 5-Aug. 4)
• Elizabeth Holladay Elementary School, 7300 Galaxie Road (July 11-Aug. 4)
• R.C. Longan Elementary School, 9200 Mapleview Ave. (July 11-Aug. 4)
• Harold Ratcliffe Elementary School, 2901 Thalen St. (June 27-Aug. 4)
Middle school sites:
• Brookland Middle School, 9200 Lydell Drive (June 27-Aug. 4)
• Fairfield Middle School, 5121 Nine Mile Road (July 25-Aug. 11)
• Tuckahoe Middle School, 9000 Three Chopt Road (June 27-Aug. 4)
• L. Douglas Wilder Middle School, 6900 Wilkinson Road (June 27-July 21)
High school sites:
• CodeRVA Regional High School, 2601 Durham St. (June 27-July 21)
• Douglas S. Freeman High School, 8701 Three Chopt Road (June 27-Aug. 4)
• Henrico High School, 302 Azalea Ave. (June 27-Aug. 4)
• Hermitage High School, 8301 Hungary Spring Road (June 21-Aug. 4)
• Highland Springs High School, 200 S. Airport Drive (June 21-Aug. 4)
• J.R. Tucker High School, 2910 N. Parham Road (June 27-Aug. 4)
• Varina High School, 7053 Messer Road (June 27-Aug. 4)
• Virginia Randolph Education Center, 2204 Mountain Road (July 11-Aug. 4)
• Dorey Park Recreation Center, 2999 Darbytown Road (June 21-Aug. 11)
• Eastern Henrico Recreation Center, 1440 N. Laburnum Ave. (June 21-Aug. 11)
Thank you for reading!
If you enjoy our content, please consider a monetary contribution to help us keep our news free.