Fire

No one injured by Far West End house fire


MAY 12, 2:30 P.M. – No one was injured during a fire at a home in Henrico's Far West End Friday morning.

The fire broke out shortly before 7:30 a.m. in the 13400 block of Elwell Lane, near North Gayton Road. An occupant of the house reported tha smoke was coming from the attic. Firefighters from Station 13 were on scene within three minutes and met by the occupants, who told them that everyone had escaped the home.

Henrico house fire contained quickly


APR. 24, 9:15 A.M. – A house fire in Henrico's West End Sunday caused minor damage but resulted in no injuries. At about noon Sunday, Henrico Emergency Communications Officers received phone calls of smoke coming from a home in the 1700 block of Shewalt Circle, just one block off Hungary Road.

Henrico firefighters save dog from West End house fire


Henrico firefighters rescued a dog from a West End house fire April 5.

Firefighters were dispatched to the report of a fire in the 8000 block of River Road, near Forest Avenue, that afternoon.

Two-alarm fire displaces 21 from West End apartment complex


Twenty-one residents of a West End apartment complex were displaced by an early-morning fire today, but no one was injured by the blaze. One cat died in the fire, which was first reported at about 1:45 a.m. in the 3200 block of St. Martin's Trail, near J.R. Tucker High School.

Twelve apartments in the complex are uninhabitable, and the 20 adults and one child who lived in them are being assisted by the Henrico Office of Emergency Management and the American Red Cross. Both organizations worked with apartment management to help find temporary lodging and clothing for those displaced.

Eastern Henrico fire damages home; no one hurt


A mid-day fire in Eastern Henrico County damaged a home but did not result in any injuries.

The fire was reported at about 12:20 p.m. in the 3100 block of Yeadon Road, near the intersection of Mechanicsville Turnpike and Harvie Road. Firefighters arrived within six minutes and quickly determined that no one was home. Smoke and fire were visible from several windows, and a portion of the yard also was on fire.

West End fire kills 1, injures 3


An early morning house fire in Henrico's West End killed one person and injured three others.

Eighty-six year-old Mary Williams Booth died in the fire, which broke out in a home in the 2700 block of Darnell Road, near West Broad Street and Parham Road, shortly before 12:25 a.m. Jan. 11.

Henrico Fire officials responded to the residents about six minutes after a 911 call reported the fire.

No one injured in Northside house fire


No one was injured during a late night house fire Saturday in Henrico's Northside. The blaze in the 8300 block of Chamberlayne Road began while the occupants of the house were asleep, shortly before midnight Sunday.

An investigation concluded that the fire was accidental and began as the result of improper disposal of fireplace ashes. The two adults and two children in the home were awakened by smoke alarms and escaped without injuries.

Northern Henrico family displaced by apartment fire

A Dec. 22 fire displaced a family in northern Henrico County.

Henrico Fire officials received a call for smoke coming from an apartment in the 700 block of Windomere Avenue, and firefighters arrived to the scene within four minutes. They determined that the fire was in the first floor walls and was extending to the second floor, and they opened the walls to extinguish the flames. But, the damage to the apartment displaced the occupants (for an as-yet undetermined amount of time). Officials from the Red Cross will assist them.

More than 30 residents displaced by apartment fire


More than 30 people were displaced following an apartment fire in the West End Sunday night.

At about 7:15 p.m. Sunday, Henrico's 911 center received a call reporting smoke in an apartment in the 4700 block of East Cardinal Court, near the intersection of West Broad Street and Wistar Road. Fire units arrived within four minutes and discovered smoke coming from one of the apartments into the breezeway.

Investigation revealed the fire was in the walls, which affected several different apartments on both the first and second floors in the front and back of the building. Although water reached the fire relatively quickly, the process was time consuming.

Page 1 of 6 pages  1 2 3 >  Last ›

Henrico Business Bulletin Board

May 2017
S M T W T F S
·
1
·
·
·

Calendar page

Classifieds

GET FREE OF CREDIT CARD DEBT NOW! Cut payments by up to half. Stop creditors from calling. 877-467-4560
Full text

Place an Ad | More Classifieds

Calendar

Highland Springs Community Softball Game will be held from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Highland Springs High School. Sign up as a team or community teams will be formed. Each team will be required to supply two softballs, bats and gloves. A minimum of nine players per team are needed. Entry fee is $10 per team; due by June 1. All proceeds will go towards community programs and fun projects for at-risk youth. To participate, contact Linette Johnson-Minns at 737-7391 or .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). Full text

Your weather just got better.

Henricopedia

Henrico's Top Teachers

The Plate