Fire

Henrico firefighters save dog from West End house fire


Henrico firefighters rescued a dog from a West End house fire April 5.

Firefighters were dispatched to the report of a fire in the 8000 block of River Road, near Forest Avenue, that afternoon.

Two-alarm fire displaces 21 from West End apartment complex


Twenty-one residents of a West End apartment complex were displaced by an early-morning fire today, but no one was injured by the blaze. One cat died in the fire, which was first reported at about 1:45 a.m. in the 3200 block of St. Martin's Trail, near J.R. Tucker High School.

Twelve apartments in the complex are uninhabitable, and the 20 adults and one child who lived in them are being assisted by the Henrico Office of Emergency Management and the American Red Cross. Both organizations worked with apartment management to help find temporary lodging and clothing for those displaced.

Eastern Henrico fire damages home; no one hurt


A mid-day fire in Eastern Henrico County damaged a home but did not result in any injuries.

The fire was reported at about 12:20 p.m. in the 3100 block of Yeadon Road, near the intersection of Mechanicsville Turnpike and Harvie Road. Firefighters arrived within six minutes and quickly determined that no one was home. Smoke and fire were visible from several windows, and a portion of the yard also was on fire.

West End fire kills 1, injures 3


An early morning house fire in Henrico's West End killed one person and injured three others.

Eighty-six year-old Mary Williams Booth died in the fire, which broke out in a home in the 2700 block of Darnell Road, near West Broad Street and Parham Road, shortly before 12:25 a.m. Jan. 11.

Henrico Fire officials responded to the residents about six minutes after a 911 call reported the fire.

No one injured in Northside house fire


No one was injured during a late night house fire Saturday in Henrico's Northside. The blaze in the 8300 block of Chamberlayne Road began while the occupants of the house were asleep, shortly before midnight Sunday.

An investigation concluded that the fire was accidental and began as the result of improper disposal of fireplace ashes. The two adults and two children in the home were awakened by smoke alarms and escaped without injuries.

Northern Henrico family displaced by apartment fire

A Dec. 22 fire displaced a family in northern Henrico County.

Henrico Fire officials received a call for smoke coming from an apartment in the 700 block of Windomere Avenue, and firefighters arrived to the scene within four minutes. They determined that the fire was in the first floor walls and was extending to the second floor, and they opened the walls to extinguish the flames. But, the damage to the apartment displaced the occupants (for an as-yet undetermined amount of time). Officials from the Red Cross will assist them.

More than 30 residents displaced by apartment fire


More than 30 people were displaced following an apartment fire in the West End Sunday night.

At about 7:15 p.m. Sunday, Henrico's 911 center received a call reporting smoke in an apartment in the 4700 block of East Cardinal Court, near the intersection of West Broad Street and Wistar Road. Fire units arrived within four minutes and discovered smoke coming from one of the apartments into the breezeway.

Investigation revealed the fire was in the walls, which affected several different apartments on both the first and second floors in the front and back of the building. Although water reached the fire relatively quickly, the process was time consuming.

No one injured in Eastern Henrico shed fire


SEPT. 23, 10 A.M. – No one was injured during an early morning shed fire in Eastern Henrico today.

At approximately 3:55 a.m., Henrico County firefighters responded to the fire in the 4600 block of Sydclay Drive, near South Laburnum Avenue. A shed near the back of an apartment complex was on fire, and the heat from the fire had started to damage the back of the apartments. Firefighters were able to control the fire quickly, and there were no injuries as a result of the blaze.

Glen Allen house fire causes minor injuries to one


AUG. 31 – One person received minor injuries in a Glen Allen house fire early Wednesday morning.

At about 4:10 a.m., Henrico Division of Fire units responded to the report of a mattress on fire in the house, located in the 4900 block of Darrowby Road near Francistown Road. Units arrived to find flames coming from a second story bedroom window.

Firefighters immediately went inside to extinguish the fire and search for victims. They found both occupants and their dog outside, and the fire was contained to the bedroom.

Page 1 of 5 pages  1 2 3 >  Last ›

April 2017
S M T W T F S
·
·
·
·
·
·
17
·
·
·
·
·
·

Calendar page

Classifieds

Medical Alert for Seniors - 24/7 monitoring. FREE Equipment. FREE Shipping. Nationwide Service. $29.95/Month CALL Medical Guardian Today 888-709-2147
Full text

Place an Ad | More Classifieds

Calendar

The Virginia Society of Association Executives (VSAE) will hold its April Monthly Luncheon & Seminar from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Richmond Marriott Short Pump. The content leader will be Jill Andreu with Naylor Association Solutions. The interactive seminar, “Where Perception Meets Reality: The State of Association Communications and Tips for Improvement,” will provide association leaders a comprehensive look at the latest membership communication and technology trends, best practices, and resource investments. During the luncheon, Andreu will present “Tackling Technology: Updates and Info from the 2016 Annual Benchmarking Survey.” To register, call 747-4971 or visit http://www.vsae.org. Full text

Your weather just got better.

Henricopedia

Henrico's Top Teachers

The Plate