No injuries reported in Highland Springs house fire

Unattended stove named as cause
No injuries were reported Aug. 18 in a house fire that damaged a home in the 100 block of Evergreen Avenue in Highland Springs.

Upon arrival to the scene, Henrico Fire units found significant smoke visible from the structure and heavy fire from the rear windows on the second floor.

The lone occupant of the home already was out of the home, and there were no injuries to the occupant or Fire personnel. The homeowner was able to stay with family members.

The Henrico Fire Marshal’s office has determined the fire to be accidental in nature, the result of unattended cooking materials on the stove in the kitchen.
Bail Bonds Chesterfield VA
Community

Free children’s clothing for those in need

The Children's Clothing Closet at Highland Springs United Methodist Church will be open Saturday, Aug. 27 and Tuesday, Aug. 30 to provide free new or nearly new children's clothing for families in need, prior to the start of the school year. The Clothing Closet will be open from 10 a.m. to noon both days. The church is located at 22 North Holly Avenue. > Read more.

Local choral group seeks volunteers

Good Vibrations choral group is looking for all voices with some musical experience to sing with the volunteer choir. The season runs from August to November. Genre includes patriotic and inspirational. > Read more.
Entertainment

Weekend Top 10


For our Top 10 calendar events this weekend, click here! > Read more.

 

Reader Survey | Advertising | Email updates

Classifieds

Place an Ad | More Classifieds

Calendar

The Alzheimer's Association Greater Richmond Chapter will host a support group meeting for caregivers of those with Alzheimer's or dementia at 1 p.m. at Chickahominy YMCA, 5401 Whiteside Road, Sandston.… Full text

Your weather just got better.

Henricopedia

Henrico's Top Teachers

The Plate