Dominion working to restore power across Henrico today
Dominion Power crews will be working to restore power in the following Henrico locations today:
• Eastern Henrico – Buffin Road south of Route 5; Midview Road east of Route 5; Mill Road at Route 5; Portugese Road; Charles City Road east of Turner Road; Miller Road north of Darbytown; Route 5 south of Buffin Road; Route 5 east of Kingsland Road; Strath Road;
• Glen Allen – Francis Road at Route 1; Greenwood Road at Kings Road; Hunton Ridge Drive; Mountain Road at Gladfelter; Mountain Road near Greenwood Road; Nuckols Road north of Wade Lane; Old Washington Highway; Route 623 at Route 660; Virginia Center Commons at Virginia Village Drive; Old Telegraph Road near Route 1; Woodman Road north of Vernon; Valentine Road at Woodman Road
• Highland Springs –
• Northern Henrico – Azalea Avenue; Lakeside Avenue south of I-95; Hood Drive; Kent Street; Laurel Fork Drive; Lydell Drive west of Woodman Road; Brook Road near Azalea Bowl; Winnetka Avenue
• Sandston – Beulah Road; Challis Lane; East Union Street; Huntsman Place; Portugee Road; South Airport Drive
• West End – Acca substation; Avalon Drive at Parham Road; Camden Drive; Dancer Road; Derbyshire Road east of Mooreland Road; Fon Du Lack Road; Forest Avenue south of Patterson Avenue; Gaskins Road; Gayton Road; Gayton Road east of Andover; Landis at Three Chopt; Marroit Road; Michael Road at Westbury; Parham Road at Three Chopt Road; Parham Road at Weldon Drive; Parham Road north of Spalding Drive; Patterson Avenue west of Gayton Road; Pemberton Road north of Downing; Pocono Drive; Quioccasin Road at Camrose; River Road; River Road east of Lower Tuckahoe; River Road substation; Route 33 at Route 730; Saint Andrews Lane; Skipwith Road south of Hungary Spring Road; Three Chopt Road; Three Chopt Road west of Foxcroft; Three Chopt Road west of Bexhill; Three Chopt Road west of Westbury; Twinridge Lane; Yolanda Road; Wistar north of Walkenhut
Michael Arad, the architect of the World Trade Center Memorial, will be the keynote speaker for The 2016 Adolf-Adams JCC Forum on Sat., Jan. 30, 2016 at 7:30 p.m., at the Carole and Marcus Weinstein Jewish Community Center in Henrico.
Arad’s “Reflecting Absence” architectural design was selected from more than 5,000 competitive entries as the template for the Memorial’s construction in New York City. During the forum, Arad will discuss the significance and symbolism of the design, as well as his inspiration. The event, which is a highlight of the Weinstein JCC’s Patron of the Arts series, is open to the public > Read more.
Citizen Staff Reports 12/15/2015
The Sixth Annual RVA Environmental Film Festival (RVA EFF) will be held Feb. 1-7, 2016 at various locations, including in Henrico County.
A partnership of The Enrichmond Foundation, Capital Region Land Conservancy, Chesapeake Climate Action Network, and Falls of the James Group - Sierra Club, the festival will feature a number of insightful films designed to raise awareness of environmental issues relative to all residents of the planet and Richmond citizens in particular.
A detailed schedule will be released at a time closer to the festival, but the popular children's portion has been set for Saturday, Feb. 6, at the Byrd Theatre in Carytown. > Read more.
Start celebrating Valentine’s Day a little early with Susan Greenbaum at The Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen. She will present “An Evening of Love Songs.” Other fun events this weekend include Henrico Rec & Parks’ 30th annual One Act Showcase; “The Lego Movie” playing at the Henrico Theatre (tickets are only $!); and Robin and Linda Williams who will be performing at the Shady Grove Coffeehouse. And homeowners will really appreciate the free Home Improvement Seminar taking place at Harvie ES. For all our top picks this weekend, click here! > Read more.
- More News
Feb. 4, 2016Click here to read the print edition.
- More Entertainment
- More Obituaries
- More Community
- More Opinions
- More Sports
ClassifiedsGET FREE OF CREDIT CARD DEBT NOW! Cut payments by up to half. Stop creditors from calling. 877-467-4560
CalendarJewish Family Theatre will present “The Sisters Rosenweig” by Wendy Wasserstein Feb. 11-21 at the Weinstein JCC. “The Sisters Rosensweig” is a captivating portrait of three sisters reuniting after a… Full text