Dominion working to restore power across Henrico today
Dominion Power crews will be working to restore power in the following Henrico locations today:
• Eastern Henrico – Buffin Road south of Route 5; Midview Road east of Route 5; Mill Road at Route 5; Portugese Road; Charles City Road east of Turner Road; Miller Road north of Darbytown; Route 5 south of Buffin Road; Route 5 east of Kingsland Road; Strath Road;
• Glen Allen – Francis Road at Route 1; Greenwood Road at Kings Road; Hunton Ridge Drive; Mountain Road at Gladfelter; Mountain Road near Greenwood Road; Nuckols Road north of Wade Lane; Old Washington Highway; Route 623 at Route 660; Virginia Center Commons at Virginia Village Drive; Old Telegraph Road near Route 1; Woodman Road north of Vernon; Valentine Road at Woodman Road
• Highland Springs –
• Northern Henrico – Azalea Avenue; Lakeside Avenue south of I-95; Hood Drive; Kent Street; Laurel Fork Drive; Lydell Drive west of Woodman Road; Brook Road near Azalea Bowl; Winnetka Avenue
• Sandston – Beulah Road; Challis Lane; East Union Street; Huntsman Place; Portugee Road; South Airport Drive
• West End – Acca substation; Avalon Drive at Parham Road; Camden Drive; Dancer Road; Derbyshire Road east of Mooreland Road; Fon Du Lack Road; Forest Avenue south of Patterson Avenue; Gaskins Road; Gayton Road; Gayton Road east of Andover; Landis at Three Chopt; Marroit Road; Michael Road at Westbury; Parham Road at Three Chopt Road; Parham Road at Weldon Drive; Parham Road north of Spalding Drive; Patterson Avenue west of Gayton Road; Pemberton Road north of Downing; Pocono Drive; Quioccasin Road at Camrose; River Road; River Road east of Lower Tuckahoe; River Road substation; Route 33 at Route 730; Saint Andrews Lane; Skipwith Road south of Hungary Spring Road; Three Chopt Road; Three Chopt Road west of Foxcroft; Three Chopt Road west of Bexhill; Three Chopt Road west of Westbury; Twinridge Lane; Yolanda Road; Wistar north of Walkenhut
Citizen Staff Reports 04/16/2015
Last summer, hundreds of Anthem LemonAid stands dotted Central Virginia and raised more than $100,000 in support of cancer treatment and research at Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU (CHoR). This July 17-19, Anthem is inviting community members to host an Anthem LemonAid stand in support of the children who are battling the disease. During the past 13 summers, Anthem LemonAid has raised more than $1 million. All funds raised support the Hematology and Oncology Clinic at the Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU.
Anthem LemonAid is Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals’ signature summer event. It’s free to participate and is designed for children, families, community groups and businesses alike. > Read more.
Citizen Staff Reports 03/30/2015
The Henricopolis Soil & Water Conservation District will sponsor a tree seedling giveaway on April 2 at Dorey Park Shelter 1 from 2:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and on April 3 at Hermitage High School parking lot from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Bare-root tree seedlings are available to Henrico County residents free of charge for the spring planting season.
The following seedling species will be available: apple, kousa dogwood, red maple, river birch, red osier dogwood, loblolly pine, sycamore, bald cypress, white dogwood and redbud. Quantities are limited and trees are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Each participant is allowed up to 10 trees total, not to include more than five of the same species. > Read more.
Citizen Staff Reports 03/30/2015
Wondering where to go to play Bingo? Wonder no more.
The Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS) recently launched an online directory of permitted bingo games played in Virginia. Listed by locality, more than 400 regular games are available across the state. The directory will be updated monthly and can be found on VDACS’ website at http://www.vdacs.virginia.gov/gaming/index.shtml.
“Many Virginia charities, including volunteer rescue squads, booster clubs and programs to feed the homeless, use proceeds from charitable gaming as a tool to support their missions, said Michael Menefee, program manager for VDACS’ Office of Charitable and Regulatory Programs. > Read more.
There are several fun events this weekend taking place outside including the third annual Virginia Firefighter Games at Short Pump Town Center; Twin Hickory Park’s “April Showers: A Celebration of Spring” event; the Young Life Richmond West 5k in Innsbrook; and the Gold Festival on Broad which benefits Prevent Child Abuse Virginia. Fingers crossed for no rain! For all our top picks this weekend, click here! > Read more.
The University of Richmond will host its annual Global Family Concert this weekend – a free, family friendly concert featuring Japanese, Indonesian, West African, Indian, and Brazilian music and dance performances. Country music fans can head to The Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen for “An Evening of Country” featuring The Honky Tonk Experience. Enjoy the spring weather at Meadow Farm for “Sheep to Shawl” or join the Henrico Hiking Club at James River Park. For all our top picks this weekend, click here! > Read more.
Find out how your favorite dining establishments fared during their most recent inspections by the Virginia Department of Health. > Read more.
- More News
Apr. 16, 2015Click here to read the print edition.
- More Entertainment
- More Obituaries
- More Community
- More Opinions
- More Sports
ClassifiedsGET FREE OF CREDIT CARD DEBT NOW! Cut payments by up to half. Stop creditors from calling. 877-467-4560
CalendarJoin three renowned theologians, aka: The Bible Boys, for a forum on “What Does Our Faith Say about Hatred and Cultural Differences?” at 7 p.m. at River Road Presbyterian Church,… Full text