Dominion working to restore power across Henrico today
Citizen Staff Reports 08/30/11
Dominion Power crews will be working to restore power in the following Henrico locations today:
• Eastern Henrico – Buffin Road south of Route 5; Midview Road east of Route 5; Mill Road at Route 5; Portugese Road; Charles City Road east of Turner Road; Miller Road north of Darbytown; Route 5 south of Buffin Road; Route 5 east of Kingsland Road; Strath Road;
• Glen Allen – Francis Road at Route 1; Greenwood Road at Kings Road; Hunton Ridge Drive; Mountain Road at Gladfelter; Mountain Road near Greenwood Road; Nuckols Road north of Wade Lane; Old Washington Highway; Route 623 at Route 660; Virginia Center Commons at Virginia Village Drive; Old Telegraph Road near Route 1; Woodman Road north of Vernon; Valentine Road at Woodman Road
• Highland Springs –
• Northern Henrico – Azalea Avenue; Lakeside Avenue south of I-95; Hood Drive; Kent Street; Laurel Fork Drive; Lydell Drive west of Woodman Road; Brook Road near Azalea Bowl; Winnetka Avenue
• Sandston – Beulah Road; Challis Lane; East Union Street; Huntsman Place; Portugee Road; South Airport Drive
• West End – Acca substation; Avalon Drive at Parham Road; Camden Drive; Dancer Road; Derbyshire Road east of Mooreland Road; Fon Du Lack Road; Forest Avenue south of Patterson Avenue; Gaskins Road; Gayton Road; Gayton Road east of Andover; Landis at Three Chopt; Marroit Road; Michael Road at Westbury; Parham Road at Three Chopt Road; Parham Road at Weldon Drive; Parham Road north of Spalding Drive; Patterson Avenue west of Gayton Road; Pemberton Road north of Downing; Pocono Drive; Quioccasin Road at Camrose; River Road; River Road east of Lower Tuckahoe; River Road substation; Route 33 at Route 730; Saint Andrews Lane; Skipwith Road south of Hungary Spring Road; Three Chopt Road; Three Chopt Road west of Foxcroft; Three Chopt Road west of Bexhill; Three Chopt Road west of Westbury; Twinridge Lane; Yolanda Road; Wistar north of Walkenhut
Citizen Staff Reports 03/21/2017 Transportation
Work to repair a leaking water main or valve will require lane closures beginning at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, March 22 near Gayton Road and John Rolfe Parkway.
Westbound Gayton’s left turning lane and left through lane will be closed. Westbound traffic will be shifted to the right through lane. Eastbound Gayton’s left through lane will be closed at John Rolfe. Eastbound traffic will be shifted to the right through lane. > Read more.
Citizen Staff Reports 03/21/2017 Health
HCA Virginia's Henrico Doctors' Hospitals recently was named one of the nation’s 100 top hospitals by Truven Health Analytics, a provider of information and solutions that support healthcare cost and quality improvement.
Henrico Doctors’ Hospitals consists of three community hospitals – Henrico (Forest), Parham, and Retreat Doctors’ Hospitals – and two freestanding emergency departments, West Creek Emergency Center and Hanover Emergency Center. Henrico Doctors’ Hospitals specializes in heart and stroke care, women’s health, oncology, orthopedics, urology, and behavioral health. > Read more.
Citizen Staff Reports 03/21/2017 Government
Henrico County Public Library is planning community meetings March 28-29 and April 1 to receive input from county residents on the design of a new Fairfield Area Library. Meetings will be held at the Fairfield Area Library, 1001 N. Laburnum Ave., and at the Eastern Henrico Recreation Center, 1440 N. Laburnum Ave.
Architects from BCWH, Inc. will join library staff for the meetings, which will feature discussions and seek ideas on spaces and services for specific age groups as well as designs for the entire facility. > Read more.
Citizen Staff Reports 03/21/2017 Education
Time is running out to enroll in a program to prepay tuition at Virginia public colleges and universities. The current enrollment window for Virginia529's Prepaid529 ends March 31. Nearly 50,000 Virginia students have funded college costs through this program since it began 20 years ago.
Prepaid529 allows families to purchase semesters of tuition and mandatory fees for newborn children through ninth graders. Semester prices vary based on the age of the beneficiary. > Read more.
MAR. 21, 9:30 A.M. – Henrico Police are seeking the man who robbed a Wells Fargo Bank on Brook Road Monday evening.
At approximately 5 p.m. March 20, police responded to the bank, in the 8100 block of Brook Road, after reports that a white male had entered the business and presented a note demanding money. > Read more.
St. Joseph's Villa’s Flagler Housing & Homeless Services was one of three entities to earn the National Alliance to End Homelessness' Champion of Change Award. The awards were presented Nov. 17 during a ceremony at the Newseum in Washington, D.C.
NAEH annually recognizes proven programs and significant achievements in ending child and family homelessness.
Flagler completed its transition from an on-campus shelter to the community-based model of rapid rehousing in 2013, and it was one of the nation's first rapid re-housing service providers to be certified by NAEH. > Read more.
Richmond International Raceway's 13th annual Community Christmas tree lighting has been rescheduled from Dec. 6 to Monday, Dec. 12, at 6:30 p.m., due to inclement weather expected on the original date.
Entertainment Dec. 12 will be provided by the Laburnum Elementary School choir and the Henrico High School Mighty Marching Warriors band. Tree decorations crafted by students from Laburnum Elementary School and L. Douglas Wilder Middle School will be on display. Hot chocolate and cookies will be supplied by the Henrico High School football boosters. > Read more.
For our Top 10 calendar events this weekend, click here! > Read more.
- More News
Mar. 16, 2017Click here to read the print edition.
- More Entertainment
- More Obituaries
- More Community
- More Opinions
- More Sports
CalendarThe Retail Merchants Association’s March First Friday Forum will be held from 7:15 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. at the University of Richmond’s Jepson Alumni Center. The program will highlight the local food movement and Real Local RVA, an organization that has been instrumental in raising awareness, education and support for local food. Come hear personal accounts about how it’s changing business models for local retailers, restaurants and farmers alike. Admission is $30 for RMA members and $40 for nonmembers. Walk-in rate is $5 more. For details, visit http://tinyurl.com/MarchFFF. Full text