Dominion working to restore power across Henrico today
Dominion Power crews will be working to restore power in the following Henrico locations today:
• Eastern Henrico – Buffin Road south of Route 5; Midview Road east of Route 5; Mill Road at Route 5; Portugese Road; Charles City Road east of Turner Road; Miller Road north of Darbytown; Route 5 south of Buffin Road; Route 5 east of Kingsland Road; Strath Road;
• Glen Allen – Francis Road at Route 1; Greenwood Road at Kings Road; Hunton Ridge Drive; Mountain Road at Gladfelter; Mountain Road near Greenwood Road; Nuckols Road north of Wade Lane; Old Washington Highway; Route 623 at Route 660; Virginia Center Commons at Virginia Village Drive; Old Telegraph Road near Route 1; Woodman Road north of Vernon; Valentine Road at Woodman Road
• Highland Springs –
• Northern Henrico – Azalea Avenue; Lakeside Avenue south of I-95; Hood Drive; Kent Street; Laurel Fork Drive; Lydell Drive west of Woodman Road; Brook Road near Azalea Bowl; Winnetka Avenue
• Sandston – Beulah Road; Challis Lane; East Union Street; Huntsman Place; Portugee Road; South Airport Drive
• West End – Acca substation; Avalon Drive at Parham Road; Camden Drive; Dancer Road; Derbyshire Road east of Mooreland Road; Fon Du Lack Road; Forest Avenue south of Patterson Avenue; Gaskins Road; Gayton Road; Gayton Road east of Andover; Landis at Three Chopt; Marroit Road; Michael Road at Westbury; Parham Road at Three Chopt Road; Parham Road at Weldon Drive; Parham Road north of Spalding Drive; Patterson Avenue west of Gayton Road; Pemberton Road north of Downing; Pocono Drive; Quioccasin Road at Camrose; River Road; River Road east of Lower Tuckahoe; River Road substation; Route 33 at Route 730; Saint Andrews Lane; Skipwith Road south of Hungary Spring Road; Three Chopt Road; Three Chopt Road west of Foxcroft; Three Chopt Road west of Bexhill; Three Chopt Road west of Westbury; Twinridge Lane; Yolanda Road; Wistar north of Walkenhut
Citizen Staff Reports 07/18/2016
Good Vibrations choral group is looking for all voices with some musical experience to sing with the volunteer choir. The season runs from August to November. Genre includes patriotic and inspirational. > Read more.
Henrico County Recreation and Parks will present “Red, White, and Lights” at Meadow Farm Museum/Crump Park July 4.
Henrico County has hosted a Fourth of July celebration annually since 1981, but this year’s event will offer a later start time and expanded hours and be highlighted by new entertainment.
The free event will begin at 4:30 p.m. and will feature the Richmond Symphony, a laser-light show, patriotic performances, and family activities. > Read more.
Pelon’s serves up a good mix of variety, value
I first stumbled into Pelon's on a Wednesday night, lured by the promise of $2 tacos and beers. At those prices, I had assumed the place was a hole in the wall, and was pleasantly surprised by the spacious, pleasant interior.
Having spent my teen summers in Virginia Beach surfing, I also felt instantly at home amid the ocean-themed decor. From the ride-the-waves posters lining the walls and the TV displaying non-stop surfing footage, to the foosball table and enormous spools serving as tables, Pelon's is a delight for beach lovers and surfing fans. Reading the menu is part of the entertainment here, as patrons browse burrito choices that include Rip Tide, The Curl, Hawaiian Pipeline and Big Kahuna. > Read more.
- More News
Jul. 21, 2016Click here to read the print edition.
- More Entertainment
- More Obituaries
- More Community
- More Opinions
- More Sports
CalendarCivitas Health Services will host community roundtables focusing on strategies to address mental health, law enforcement and community, from noon to 2 p.m. and from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.… Full text