Dominion working to restore power across Henrico today
Citizen Staff Reports 08/30/11
Dominion Power crews will be working to restore power in the following Henrico locations today:
• Eastern Henrico – Buffin Road south of Route 5; Midview Road east of Route 5; Mill Road at Route 5; Portugese Road; Charles City Road east of Turner Road; Miller Road north of Darbytown; Route 5 south of Buffin Road; Route 5 east of Kingsland Road; Strath Road;
• Glen Allen – Francis Road at Route 1; Greenwood Road at Kings Road; Hunton Ridge Drive; Mountain Road at Gladfelter; Mountain Road near Greenwood Road; Nuckols Road north of Wade Lane; Old Washington Highway; Route 623 at Route 660; Virginia Center Commons at Virginia Village Drive; Old Telegraph Road near Route 1; Woodman Road north of Vernon; Valentine Road at Woodman Road
• Highland Springs –
• Northern Henrico – Azalea Avenue; Lakeside Avenue south of I-95; Hood Drive; Kent Street; Laurel Fork Drive; Lydell Drive west of Woodman Road; Brook Road near Azalea Bowl; Winnetka Avenue
• Sandston – Beulah Road; Challis Lane; East Union Street; Huntsman Place; Portugee Road; South Airport Drive
• West End – Acca substation; Avalon Drive at Parham Road; Camden Drive; Dancer Road; Derbyshire Road east of Mooreland Road; Fon Du Lack Road; Forest Avenue south of Patterson Avenue; Gaskins Road; Gayton Road; Gayton Road east of Andover; Landis at Three Chopt; Marroit Road; Michael Road at Westbury; Parham Road at Three Chopt Road; Parham Road at Weldon Drive; Parham Road north of Spalding Drive; Patterson Avenue west of Gayton Road; Pemberton Road north of Downing; Pocono Drive; Quioccasin Road at Camrose; River Road; River Road east of Lower Tuckahoe; River Road substation; Route 33 at Route 730; Saint Andrews Lane; Skipwith Road south of Hungary Spring Road; Three Chopt Road; Three Chopt Road west of Foxcroft; Three Chopt Road west of Bexhill; Three Chopt Road west of Westbury; Twinridge Lane; Yolanda Road; Wistar north of Walkenhut
By Amelia Heymann, Capital News Service 03/24/2017 Features
MAR. 23, 12 P.M. – Hello Kitty fans, rejoice. On Saturday, the Hello Kitty Cafe Truck, described as “a mobile vehicle of cuteness,” will make its first visit to the region.
The truck will be at Short Pump Town Center, 11800 W. Broad St., from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. The vehicle will be near the mall’s main entrance by Crate & Barrel and Pottery Barn.
The Hello Kitty Cafe Truck has been traveling nationwide since its debut at the 2014 Hello Kitty Con, a convention for fans of the iconic character produced by the Japanese company Sanrio. > Read more.
Gov. Terry McAuliffe on Thursday vetoed several bills that Republicans say would have increased school choice but McAuliffe said would have undermined public schools.
Two bills, House Bill 1400 and Senate Bill 1240, would have established the Board of Virginia Virtual School as an agency in the executive branch of state government to oversee online education in kindergarten through high school. Currently, online courses fall under the Virginia Board of Education. > Read more.
Citizen Staff Reports 03/23/2017 Education
Individuals and organizations wanting to help George F. Baker Elementary School students and staff recover from a March 19 fire at the school now have two ways to help: make a monetary donation or donate items of school supplies.
The weekend fire caused significant smoke-and-water damage to classroom supplies and student materials at the school at 6651 Willson Road in Eastern Henrico.
For tax-deductible monetary donations, the Henrico Education Foundation has created the Baker Elementary School Emergency School Supply Fund. > Read more.
Citizen Staff Reports 03/23/2017 Business
ChamberRVA is seeking nominees for the annual IMPACT Award, which honors the ways in which businesses are making an impact in the RVA Region economy and community and on their employees.
Nominees must be a for-profit, privately-held business located within ChamberRVA's regional footprint: the counties of Charles City, Chesterfield, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, New Kent and Powhatan; the City of Richmond; and the Town of Ashland. > Read more.
Cushman & Wakefield | Thalhimer announces the sale of the former Friendly’s restaurant property located at 5220 Brook Road in Henrico County. Brook Road V, LLC purchased the 3,521-square-foot former restaurant property situated on 0.92 acres from O Ice, LLC for $775,000 as an investment. Bruce Bigger of Cushman & Wakefield | Thalhimer handled the sale negotiations on behalf of the seller. > Read more.
St. Joseph's Villa’s Flagler Housing & Homeless Services was one of three entities to earn the National Alliance to End Homelessness' Champion of Change Award. The awards were presented Nov. 17 during a ceremony at the Newseum in Washington, D.C.
NAEH annually recognizes proven programs and significant achievements in ending child and family homelessness.
Flagler completed its transition from an on-campus shelter to the community-based model of rapid rehousing in 2013, and it was one of the nation's first rapid re-housing service providers to be certified by NAEH. > Read more.
Richmond International Raceway's 13th annual Community Christmas tree lighting has been rescheduled from Dec. 6 to Monday, Dec. 12, at 6:30 p.m., due to inclement weather expected on the original date.
Entertainment Dec. 12 will be provided by the Laburnum Elementary School choir and the Henrico High School Mighty Marching Warriors band. Tree decorations crafted by students from Laburnum Elementary School and L. Douglas Wilder Middle School will be on display. Hot chocolate and cookies will be supplied by the Henrico High School football boosters. > Read more.
CAT Theatre and When There’s A Will director Ann Davis recently announced the cast for the dark comedy which will be performed May 26 through June 3.
The play centers around a family gathering commanded by the matriarch, Dolores, to address their unhappiness with Grandmother’s hold on the clan’s inheritance and her unreasonable demands on her family.
Pat Walker will play the part of Dolores Whitmore, with Graham and Florine Whitmore played by Brent Deekens and Brandy Samberg, respectively. > Read more.
- More News
Mar. 16, 2017Click here to read the print edition.
- More Entertainment
- More Obituaries
- More Community
- More Opinions
- More Sports
CalendarThe 2017 VaHomeschoolers’ Conference and Resource Fair will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. March 24 and from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. March 25 at The Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen. Keynote speaker will be Julie Bogart, creator of the innovative writing program Bravewriter and the popular, fast-growing practice called Poetry Teatime. There will also be an array of engaging exhibitors, a used resource sale, Talent Night, an ice-cream social, workshops and family activities – including the popular “Visit, Earn & Learn” activity at 1 p.m. on March 24, which earns participating children 12 and under a free book. For details and to register (save $10 before Feb. 15), visit http://www.conference.vahomeschoolers.org. Full text