Dominion set to work on numerous Henrico sites today
Dominion Power crews will be working to restore power in the following Henrico locations today:
• Eastern Henrico – Portguese Road; New Market Road between Strath Road and Gregg Road; Nine Mile Road west of Capital GMC.
• Glen Allen – Cedar Lane; Greenwood Road at Kings Road; Hunton Park Boulevard at the pumping station; Lakewood at Wilton; Mountain Road at Greenwood Road; Old Washington Highway north of Hanover Avenue; Route 625 at Route 623; Springfield Road north of Nuckols Road; Stone Arbor Lane; Mountain Road substation; Old Telegraph Road near Route 1; Old Washington Highway; Woodman Road.
• Highland Springs – Nine Mile Road at Oak Street.
• Northern Henrico – 5208 Azalea Avenue; Azalea Avenue west of the Richmond-Henrico Turnpike; Lakeside substation; Lydell Drive at Hungary Road; Nandina Drive near Hungary Road; Purcell Road; Thacker Lane near Aeronca Road.
• Sandston – Huntsman Place at Taraby Drive; South Airport Drive at the railroad tracks.
• West End – Avalon Drive at Parham Road; Broad Street at Fountain Road; Camden Drive south of Santa Anna; Rolondo Drive near Santa Anna; College Road north of Glen Parkway; Gayton Road between Wembly and Gaskins; Michael Road at Westbury Road; River Road substation; Staples Mill Road at Dude Ranch Road; West End Drive north of Greenford Drive; Yolanda Road near Fon-du-lac.
Citizen Staff Reports 12/15/2014
CVWMA curbside recycling collection and trash collections will have a one day delay in collections Dec. 25-26 and Jan. 1-2. There will be no collections on Dec. 25 or Jan. 1.
Curbside recycling collections Monday through Wednesday will be on regular schedule. Red Thursday and Red Friday curbside recyclers will have a one day delay in collection services Dec. 25-26. Blue Thursday and Blue Friday curbside recyclers will have one day delay in collection services Jan. 1-2. Containers should be placed at the curb by 7 a.m. on collection day. All Friday collections will take place on Saturday. > Read more.
Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) will host a candlelight vigil of remembrance and hope Tuesday, Dec. 2 at 7 p.m. at the University of Richmond, outside the Cannon Chapel. The public is invited to attend and join MADD to honor victims of impaired driving crashes, while helping to remind the community to be safe during the holidays. > Read more.
Among participants at the Seventh Annual Coordinators2Inc Golf Tournament and awards luncheon Oct. 3 were (from left) Rebecca Ricardo, C2 Inc executive director; Kevin Derr, member of the winning foursome; Sharon Richardson, C2 Inc founder; and Frank Ridgway and Jon King, members of the winning foursome.
Held at The Crossings Golf Club, the tournament will benefit placement of children from Virginia's foster care system into permanent families through Coordinators2. > Read more.
Find out how your favorite dining establishments fared during their most recent inspections by the Virginia Department of Health. > Read more.
Several holiday performances take place this weekend in Henrico including “It’s a Wonderful Life” and Theatre IV on Tour’s “’Twas the Night Before Christmas” – both at The Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen. The Central Virginia Masterworks Chorale will perform Vivaldi’s “Gloria” at River Road Church, Baptist and the Virginia Repertory Theatre will present “Santa’s Christmas Miracle” at the Children’s Theatre at Willow Lawn. A fun annual tradition, now in its 14th year, will be at SkateNation Plus in Short Pump – Chabad of Virginia’s Chanukah on Ice. For all our top picks this weekend, click here! > Read more.
One of the most unique holiday traditions in Henrico, the James River Parade of Lights, takes place tomorrow. The viewing spot in Henrico will be at Osborne Park in Varina. Another annual event in the east end is the Eastern Henrico Holiday Extravaganza, taking place this year at The Armour House & Gardens and the Dabbs House Museum. In the West End, the Glorious Christmas Nights’ production of “Under the Same Stars” at West End Assembly of God will conclude its run on Sunday. For all our top picks this weekend, click here! > Read more.
- More News
Dec. 18, 2014Click here to read the print edition.
- More Entertainment
- More Obituaries
- More Community
- More Opinions
- More Sports
ClassifiedsREADERS & MUSIC LOVERS. 100 Greatest Novels (audio books) ONLY $99.00 (plus s h.) Includes MP3 Player & Accessories. BONUS: 50 Classical Music Works & Money Back Guarantee. Call Today!… Full text
CalendarTrinity United Methodist Church, 903 Forest Ave. (288-6056) – 4 p.m., 6 p.m., 8:30 p.m. and 11 p.m.; Gayton Baptist Church, 13501 N. Gayton Rd. (360-2801) – 3 p.m., 4:30… Full text