Dominion set to work on numerous Henrico sites today
Dominion Power crews will be working to restore power in the following Henrico locations today:
• Eastern Henrico – Portguese Road; New Market Road between Strath Road and Gregg Road; Nine Mile Road west of Capital GMC.
• Glen Allen – Cedar Lane; Greenwood Road at Kings Road; Hunton Park Boulevard at the pumping station; Lakewood at Wilton; Mountain Road at Greenwood Road; Old Washington Highway north of Hanover Avenue; Route 625 at Route 623; Springfield Road north of Nuckols Road; Stone Arbor Lane; Mountain Road substation; Old Telegraph Road near Route 1; Old Washington Highway; Woodman Road.
• Highland Springs – Nine Mile Road at Oak Street.
• Northern Henrico – 5208 Azalea Avenue; Azalea Avenue west of the Richmond-Henrico Turnpike; Lakeside substation; Lydell Drive at Hungary Road; Nandina Drive near Hungary Road; Purcell Road; Thacker Lane near Aeronca Road.
• Sandston – Huntsman Place at Taraby Drive; South Airport Drive at the railroad tracks.
• West End – Avalon Drive at Parham Road; Broad Street at Fountain Road; Camden Drive south of Santa Anna; Rolondo Drive near Santa Anna; College Road north of Glen Parkway; Gayton Road between Wembly and Gaskins; Michael Road at Westbury Road; River Road substation; Staples Mill Road at Dude Ranch Road; West End Drive north of Greenford Drive; Yolanda Road near Fon-du-lac.
Richmonders Jim Morgan and Dan Stackhouse were married at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden in Lakeside Mar. 7 month after winning the Say I Do! With OutRVA wedding contest in February. The contest was open to LGBT couples in recognition of Virginia’s marriage equality law, which took effect last fall. The wedding included a package valued at $25,000.
Morgan and Stackhouse, who became engaged last fall on the day marriage equality became the law in Virginia, have been together for 16 years. They were selected from among 40 couples who registered for the contest. The winners were announced at the Say I Do! Dessert Soiree at the Renaissance in Richmond in February. > Read more.
The Fourth Annual Healy Gala will be held Saturday, Apr. 11, at The Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
The event was created to honor Michael Healy, a local businessman and community leader who died suddenly in June 2011, and to endow the Mike Healy Scholarship (through the Glen Allen Ruritan Club), which benefits students of Glen Allen High School.
Healy served as the chairman of Glen Allen Day for several years and helped raise thousands of dollars for local charities and organizations. > Read more.
The Richmond Battlefield Ruritan Club is holding a Brunswick stew sale, with orders accepted through March 13 and pick-up available March 14. The cost is $8 per quart.
Pick-up will be at noon, March 14, at the Richmond Heights Civic Center, 7440 Wilton Road in Varina.
To place an order, call Mike at (804) 795- 7327 or Jim at (804) 795-9116. > Read more.
Find out how your favorite dining establishments fared during their most recent inspections by the Virginia Department of Health. > Read more.
A wide variety of events are taking place within Henrico County this weekend! Whether you’re a newcomer or veteran to homeschooling, the 2015 VaHomeschoolers Conference and Resource Fair is the place for you. Theater buffs will enjoy CAT Theatre’s production of “Now Then Again” and 5th Wall Theatre’s presentation of “The Human Terrain.” Other performances include Bolshoi Ballet’s “Romeo and Juliet” and Abraham.In.Motion’s dual performance of “The Watershed” and “When the Wolves Come In” – all taking place at the University of Richmond. For all our top picks this weekend, click here! > Read more.
The Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen will celebrate its 16th anniversary this weekend with “A Date with Frank & Marilyn,” an evening of fun and entertainment designed to raise funds for the center's three outreach programs. Another celebration, Halligan’s Hooligan’s Annual St. Paddy’s Day Bash, starts tonight and continues for five days! If you’re in the mood for some music, Lynne Mackey will give a piano recital at River Road Church Baptist; the Westminster Schola Cantorum will be at St. Michael Catholic Church; and Junior Sisk and Rambler’s Choice will perform at the Shady Grove Coffeehouse. For all our top picks this weekend, click here! > Read more.
- More News
Mar. 19, 2015Click here to read the print edition.
- More Entertainment
- More Obituaries
- More Community
- More Opinions
- More Sports
ClassifiedsSAVE on Cable TV-Internet-Digital Phone. Packages start at $89.99/mo (for 12 months.) Options from ALL major service providers. Call Acceller today to learn more! CALL 1-888-686-5081.
CalendarTwin Hickory Library will host a used book sale from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 27-28. Children’s books will be sold on Saturday only. Sales benefit the Friends of… Full text