Dominion set to work on numerous Henrico sites today
Dominion Power crews will be working to restore power in the following Henrico locations today:
• Eastern Henrico – Portguese Road; New Market Road between Strath Road and Gregg Road; Nine Mile Road west of Capital GMC.
• Glen Allen – Cedar Lane; Greenwood Road at Kings Road; Hunton Park Boulevard at the pumping station; Lakewood at Wilton; Mountain Road at Greenwood Road; Old Washington Highway north of Hanover Avenue; Route 625 at Route 623; Springfield Road north of Nuckols Road; Stone Arbor Lane; Mountain Road substation; Old Telegraph Road near Route 1; Old Washington Highway; Woodman Road.
• Highland Springs – Nine Mile Road at Oak Street.
• Northern Henrico – 5208 Azalea Avenue; Azalea Avenue west of the Richmond-Henrico Turnpike; Lakeside substation; Lydell Drive at Hungary Road; Nandina Drive near Hungary Road; Purcell Road; Thacker Lane near Aeronca Road.
• Sandston – Huntsman Place at Taraby Drive; South Airport Drive at the railroad tracks.
• West End – Avalon Drive at Parham Road; Broad Street at Fountain Road; Camden Drive south of Santa Anna; Rolondo Drive near Santa Anna; College Road north of Glen Parkway; Gayton Road between Wembly and Gaskins; Michael Road at Westbury Road; River Road substation; Staples Mill Road at Dude Ranch Road; West End Drive north of Greenford Drive; Yolanda Road near Fon-du-lac.
Hundreds of 'tweens' and their moms will attend the Secret Keeper Girl Crazy Hair Tour at West End Assembly of God on Jan. 22 at 6:30 p.m., a popular Bible-based tour geared toward building and strengthening relationships between mothers and their daughters (typically ages 8 to 12).
The event will feature a full fashion show, oversized balloon sculptures and confetti cannons – all in the name of inner beauty, Biblical modesty and vibrant purity. > Read more.
Citizen Staff Reports 01/15/2015
OutRVA and Say I Do! have collaborated to offer LGBT couples an opportunity to win an all-expenses-paid wedding at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden’s Robins Tea House on March 7.
In September, Richmond Region Tourism launched OutRVA, a campaign designed to show people Richmond’s strong LGBT community and highlight the area as a travel destination.
The winning couple will say "I do" in a ceremony coordinated by event designer and floral artist Casey Godlove of Strawberry Fields Flowers & Gifts and marriage concierge, Ayana Obika of All About The Journey. The couple will receive wardrobe and styling, a custom wedding cake, florals, an overnight stay at the Linden Row Inn (including a suite on the day of the wedding for preparation), and a post-wedding brunch at the Hilton Garden Inn on Sunday, March 8. > Read more.
Citizen Staff Reports 01/12/2015
CVWMA residential recycling and trash collections will continue as regularly scheduled for the Lee-Jackson (Jan. 16) and Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Jan. 19) holidays. Residential recycling collections on Friday, Jan. 16 and the week of Jan 19-23 will take place on normal collection day. Residents should place recycling container(s) out for pick-up by 7 a.m. on their regular scheduled collection day. > Read more.
Find out how your favorite dining establishments fared during their most recent inspections by the Virginia Department of Health. > Read more.
It’s off to the theatre – this weekend in Henrico! “Two on Tap” at CACGA brings audiences back in time to an era when couples like Fred & Ginger and Mickey & Judy filled the silver screen. CAT Theatre’s production of “Book of Days” begins tonight and runs through Feb. 7. Fans of the Emmy Award-winning 1970s Saturday morning cartoon “Schoolhouse Rock!” will love the live adaptation at the University of Richmond on Sunday. The Shanghai Quartet will also perform at the University of Richmond. For all our top picks this weekend, click here! > Read more.
The Tuckahoe Area Library, in conjunction with the RVA Environmental Film Festival, will present films of local and planetary interest on Wednesday, Feb. 4, beginning at 5 p.m.
Screenings include short films from the RVA Environmental Film Contest entries at 5 p.m., followed at 5:45 p.m. by Stripers: Quest for the Bite, a film for anglers. The main feature film, Slingshot, will begin at 6:50 p.m.
SlingShot focuses on Segway inventor Dean Kamen and his work to solve the world’s water crisis. SlingShot is about a man whose innovative thinking could create a solution for a crisis affecting billions – access to clean water. Kamen lives in a house with secret passages, a closet full of denim clothes and a helicopter garage. His latest passion: the SlingShot water purification system created to obliterate half of human illness on the planet. > Read more.
- More News
Jan. 22, 2015Click here to read the print edition.
- More Entertainment
- More Obituaries
- More Community
- More Opinions
- More Sports
ClassifiedsREADERS & MUSIC LOVERS. 100 Greatest Novels (audio books) ONLY $99.00 (plus s h.) Includes MP3 Player & Accessories. BONUS: 50 Classical Music Works & Money Back Guarantee. Call Today!… Full text
CalendarEastern Henrico Recreation Center, 1440 N. Laburnum Ave., will offer a free “Introduction to Volleyball” class for ages 11-13 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. This clinic is designed specifically… Full text