Dominion set to work on numerous Henrico sites today
Dominion Power crews will be working to restore power in the following Henrico locations today:
• Eastern Henrico – Portguese Road; New Market Road between Strath Road and Gregg Road; Nine Mile Road west of Capital GMC.
• Glen Allen – Cedar Lane; Greenwood Road at Kings Road; Hunton Park Boulevard at the pumping station; Lakewood at Wilton; Mountain Road at Greenwood Road; Old Washington Highway north of Hanover Avenue; Route 625 at Route 623; Springfield Road north of Nuckols Road; Stone Arbor Lane; Mountain Road substation; Old Telegraph Road near Route 1; Old Washington Highway; Woodman Road.
• Highland Springs – Nine Mile Road at Oak Street.
• Northern Henrico – 5208 Azalea Avenue; Azalea Avenue west of the Richmond-Henrico Turnpike; Lakeside substation; Lydell Drive at Hungary Road; Nandina Drive near Hungary Road; Purcell Road; Thacker Lane near Aeronca Road.
• Sandston – Huntsman Place at Taraby Drive; South Airport Drive at the railroad tracks.
• West End – Avalon Drive at Parham Road; Broad Street at Fountain Road; Camden Drive south of Santa Anna; Rolondo Drive near Santa Anna; College Road north of Glen Parkway; Gayton Road between Wembly and Gaskins; Michael Road at Westbury Road; River Road substation; Staples Mill Road at Dude Ranch Road; West End Drive north of Greenford Drive; Yolanda Road near Fon-du-lac.
Holman Middle School student Victoria Nguyen recently was named Miss Virginia American Coed Junior Teen after competing in the Miss Virginia American Coed pageant in Williamsburg. She was the youngest competitor in her division. Nguyen now will advance to represent Virginia at the 2015 Miss American Junior Teen Pageant at Walt Disney World in Florida in November. > Read more.
Companion Extraordinaire Home Care and Skilled Services will be honoring veterans and current military members May 14 at 11 a.m. The event will take place at 5311 Lakeside Avenue.
Companion Extraordinaire dedicated a hall in its new Lakeside office as a “Wall of Honor” and will be presenting 13 military service men and women with certificates as well as placing their service photos on the wall.
> Read more.
Public vote open through Friday to select winner
Citizen Staff Reports
Henrico resident Haley Malloy is one of three national finalists for a $10,000 scholarship, whose winner will be determined by the vote of the public.
Malloy is a finalist for The Goddard School Anthony A. Martino Scholarship, which is open annually to any high school junior or senior who graduated from a Goddard School pre-kindergarten or kindergarten program. Applicants are evaluated based upon the work ethic and perseverance they have demonstrated – two key characteristics of Martino, the founder of the Goddard School franchise system. > Read more.
Relax this holiday weekend with Fridays Uncorked at Southern Season – taste wines from the Roman Empire! Or at James River Cellars who is hosting “Experience Virginia” – sample Virginia wine, beer, cider and mead. And what goes better with wine than strawberries – an annual tradition in Varina, the Gallmeyer Farms’ Strawberry Fields Festival is tomorrow. Other fun happenings this weekend include: “A Little Princess” at The Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen; weekly dance at American Legion Post 125; and National Theatre Live’s “Man and Superman” at the University of Richmond. For all our top picks this weekend, click here! > Read more.
Final performance of 2015 season – ‘Quartet’ – starts this week
CAT Theatre’s final show of its 51st season – Quartet by Ronald Harwood – will open May 22 and run through June 6. It will be the show’s Richmond-area premiere.
The theatre also announced its four-show schedule for its 52nd season, which will begin in October and continue into June 2016, and announced a new partnership with The Bifocals Theatre Project, an outreach program into senior communities in the Richmond region. > Read more.
It’s a beautiful weekend to spend outdoors and Henrico has many options to choose from! The 31st annual Lebanese Food Festival begins today on the grounds of St. Anthony’s Maronite Catholic Church. The MISS Foundation’s Kindness Walk is tomorrow, as well as the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s Great Strides Walk. Take a Sunday Stroll at Dorey Park with the Pocahontas Chapter of the Virginia Native Plant Society or raise money for the March of Dimes at the March for Babies in Innsbrook. For all our top picks this weekend, click here! > Read more.
- More News
May. 21, 2015Click here to read the print edition.
- More Entertainment
- More Obituaries
- More Community
- More Opinions
- More Sports
ClassifiedsSr. SAS Programmer Analyst w/MS degree & 1 yr. exp.: provide analytical support to perform data analysis, backend testing, adhoc reporting, custom./modify. to standard reports, dev. strategies to increase bus.… Full text
CalendarInnsbrook After Hours will present Foreigner, with special guest Craig Wayne Boyd, at 6 p.m. Gates open at 5 p.m. Tickets are $15 to $99. All proceeds from the concert… Full text