Christmas Eve Church Services
The following local churches will hold Christmas Eve services:
· Fairmount Memorial Baptist Church (4205 Ravenswood Rd) – 5 p.m. Contact: 329-5420.
· Westhampton Baptist Church (6112 Three Chopt Rd) – 4:30 p.m. Contact: 282-4243.
· Ginter Park Presbyterian Church (3601 Seminary Ave) – 5 p.m. and 11 p.m. Contact: 359-5049 or http://www.ginterparkpc.org.
· Welborne United Methodist Church (920 Maybeury Dr.) – 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. Contact: 740-7128 or http://www.welbornechurch.org.
· Willis United Methodist Church (8360 Willis Church Rd.) – 7 p.m. Contact: 795-1895.
· St. John’s Catholic Church (813 W. Nine Mile Rd.) – 5:30 p.m. and 11:55 p.m. Contact: 737-8028 or http://www.stjohnscatholicchurch.org.
· Greenwood United Methodist Church (10040 Greenwood Rd.) – 4 p.m. Contact: 266-5341 or http://www.gumcva.org.
· Laurel Park United Methodist Church (2700 Hungary Rd.) – 6 p.m. Contact: 266-6520 or http://www.laurelparkum.org.
· River Road United Methodist Church (8800 River Rd.) – 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. Contact: 740-7061 or http://www.riverroadumc.org.
· Westover Hills United Methodist Church (1705 Westover Hills Blvd.) – 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. Contact: 232-1769 or http://www.westoverhillsumc.org.
· Reveille United Methodist Church (4200 Cary Street Rd.) – 4 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. Contact: 359-6041 or http://www.reveilleumc.org.
· Walnut Grove Baptist Church (7046 Cold Harbor Rd.) – 4:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. Contact: 746-5081 or http://www.walnutgrovebaptist.com.
• Corinth United Methodist Church (23 W. Williamsburg Rd.) – 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. Contact: 737-4837 or http://www.corinthumchurch.org.
• New Hanover Presbyterian Church (10058 Chamberlayne Rd.) – 4 p.m., 6 p.m., 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. Contact: 730-9700 or http://www.nhpc.org.
• Richmond’s First Baptist Church (2709 Monument Ave.) – 5 p.m. and 11 p.m. Contact: 358-5458 or http://www.fbcrichmond.org.
• Shady Grove United Methodist Church (8209 Shady Grove Rd.) – 4 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. Contact: 746-9073 or http://www.shadygroveumc.org.
• Second Presbyterian Church (5 N. Fifth St.) – 5 p.m. and 10 p.m. Contact: 649-9148 or http://www.2presrichmond.org
• West End Assembly of God (401 N. Parham Rd.) – 5 p.m. Contact: 740-7042 or http://www.weag.org.
• Trinity Episcopal Church (501 W. Nine Mile Rd.) – 4:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. Contact: 737-0000 or http://www.trinityhighlandsprings.com.
• Sandston Baptist Church (100 W. Williamsburg Rd.) – 5 p.m. Contact: 737-2171 or http://www.sandstonbaptistchurch.com
The Children's Clothing Closet at Highland Springs United Methodist Church will be open Saturday, Aug. 27 and Tuesday, Aug. 30 to provide free new or nearly new children's clothing for families in need, prior to the start of the school year. The Clothing Closet will be open from 10 a.m. to noon both days. The church is located at 22 North Holly Avenue. > Read more.
Citizen Staff Reports 07/18/2016
Good Vibrations choral group is looking for all voices with some musical experience to sing with the volunteer choir. The season runs from August to November. Genre includes patriotic and inspirational. > Read more.
It’s a great weekend to get outside! The Pocahontas Chapter of the Virginia Native Plant Society is offering two events this weekend. Accompany the group to find and document native plants present and blooming in Echo Lake Park on Saturday or take a “Sunday Stroll” at Dorey Park to observe the seasonal changes taking place. Other outdoor events this weekend include the final summer concert at West Broad Village and “Fridays on the Patio” at James River Cellars Winery in Glen Allen. If you’re going to be outside, don’t forget the insect repellent! To learn more about avoiding those pesky mosquitos, check out Henrico County’s “Fight-the-Bite TODAY” event tomorrow. For all our top picks this weekend, click here! > Read more.
- More News
Aug. 18, 2016Click here to read the print edition.
- More Entertainment
- More Obituaries
- More Community
- More Opinions
- More Sports
CalendarThe Pocahontas Chapter of the Virginia Native Plant Society will find and document native plants present and blooming at this time of year in Echo Lake Park on Saturday, Aug.… Full text