Christmas Eve Church Services
The following local churches will hold Christmas Eve services:
· Fairmount Memorial Baptist Church (4205 Ravenswood Rd) – 5 p.m. Contact: 329-5420.
· Westhampton Baptist Church (6112 Three Chopt Rd) – 4:30 p.m. Contact: 282-4243.
· Ginter Park Presbyterian Church (3601 Seminary Ave) – 5 p.m. and 11 p.m. Contact: 359-5049 or http://www.ginterparkpc.org.
· Welborne United Methodist Church (920 Maybeury Dr.) – 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. Contact: 740-7128 or http://www.welbornechurch.org.
· Willis United Methodist Church (8360 Willis Church Rd.) – 7 p.m. Contact: 795-1895.
· St. John’s Catholic Church (813 W. Nine Mile Rd.) – 5:30 p.m. and 11:55 p.m. Contact: 737-8028 or http://www.stjohnscatholicchurch.org.
· Greenwood United Methodist Church (10040 Greenwood Rd.) – 4 p.m. Contact: 266-5341 or http://www.gumcva.org.
· Laurel Park United Methodist Church (2700 Hungary Rd.) – 6 p.m. Contact: 266-6520 or http://www.laurelparkum.org.
· River Road United Methodist Church (8800 River Rd.) – 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. Contact: 740-7061 or http://www.riverroadumc.org.
· Westover Hills United Methodist Church (1705 Westover Hills Blvd.) – 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. Contact: 232-1769 or http://www.westoverhillsumc.org.
· Reveille United Methodist Church (4200 Cary Street Rd.) – 4 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. Contact: 359-6041 or http://www.reveilleumc.org.
· Walnut Grove Baptist Church (7046 Cold Harbor Rd.) – 4:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. Contact: 746-5081 or http://www.walnutgrovebaptist.com.
• Corinth United Methodist Church (23 W. Williamsburg Rd.) – 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. Contact: 737-4837 or http://www.corinthumchurch.org.
• New Hanover Presbyterian Church (10058 Chamberlayne Rd.) – 4 p.m., 6 p.m., 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. Contact: 730-9700 or http://www.nhpc.org.
• Richmond’s First Baptist Church (2709 Monument Ave.) – 5 p.m. and 11 p.m. Contact: 358-5458 or http://www.fbcrichmond.org.
• Shady Grove United Methodist Church (8209 Shady Grove Rd.) – 4 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. Contact: 746-9073 or http://www.shadygroveumc.org.
• Second Presbyterian Church (5 N. Fifth St.) – 5 p.m. and 10 p.m. Contact: 649-9148 or http://www.2presrichmond.org
• West End Assembly of God (401 N. Parham Rd.) – 5 p.m. Contact: 740-7042 or http://www.weag.org.
• Trinity Episcopal Church (501 W. Nine Mile Rd.) – 4:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. Contact: 737-0000 or http://www.trinityhighlandsprings.com.
• Sandston Baptist Church (100 W. Williamsburg Rd.) – 5 p.m. Contact: 737-2171 or http://www.sandstonbaptistchurch.com
Emily Francis (left) of Richmond Green Drinks and Cary Jamieson of The Steward School checked out the cherry tomato crop Aug. 20 at the school's Bryan Innovation Lab following a visit by members of Green Drinks. Jamieson, director of the Bryan Innovation Lab, was among the speakers who pointed out various sustainable features of the building and its surroundings, including geothermal, solar photovoltaic and solar thermal energy systems, as well as rain gardens and large storage cisterns (like the one pictured) to minimize groundwater pollution. > Read more.
For the third consecutive year, the Canterbury Recreation Association in Short Pump donated the most meals to the fourth-annual "Dunk Hunger" campaign, which raises money and food donations for FeedMore's Central Virginia Food Bank. Swim teams and community pools throughout the region combined to raise the equivalent of 77,404 meals this year, with the Canterbury group earning the Gold Medal, with 17,454 meals contributed.
CRA will earn a winners’ bash Aug. 24 from 3 to 5 p.m. at its pool on Pump Road.
“Our pool has adopted Dunk Hunger into its culture with fun ways to raise food and funds," said Canterbury’s Dunk Hunger chairman Jack McSorley, a Freeman High School junior. > Read more.
Henrico County has a lot to offer this Labor Day weekend! Before summer ends completely, you’ve got to try some Virginia wines at Southern Season’s weekly event, Fridays Uncorked. Check out The Comedy Dad, Alex Scott, at the Richmond Funny Bone or put your thinking caps on and take on The Escape Room. This weekend also features a two-day event at Malvern Hill and Carrington Kay at The Tin Pan. For all our top picks this weekend, click here! > Read more.
- More News
Sep. 3, 2015Click here to read the print edition.
- More Entertainment
- More Obituaries
- More Community
- More Opinions
- More Sports
ClassifiedsSAVE on Cable TV-Internet-Digital Phone. Packages start at $89.99/mo (for 12 months.) Options from ALL major service providers. Call Acceller today to learn more! CALL 1-888-686-5081.
CalendarRichmond National Battlefield Park will present a special event focusing on Malvern Hill during the American Revolution, War of 1812 and Civil War on Sept. 5-6. The program will feature… Full text