Henrico firefighters control blaze at Fareva plant


OCT. 9, 11:25 A.M. – Henrico firefighters extinguished an early-morning fire at the Fareva manufacturing facility on Darbytown Road in Varina today. None of the 25 employees in the facility at the time were injured.

Firefighters were called to the site, in the 2300 block of Darbytown Road, at about 4:20 a.m.
> Read more.

West End apartment fire injures 1


SEPT. 25, 10:30 A.M. – A West End apartment fire injured one person Sunday afternoon.

The fire broke out in the third floor of the Chase Gayton apartment complex in the 10 block of Chase Gayton Drive, near the intersection of Gaskins Road and Quioccasin Road, at about 1:20 p.m. Sept. 24.
> Read more.

Unattended oily rags cause fire in commercial building near Richmond Raceway


Unattended oily rags that spontaneously combusted caused an early morning two-alarm fire Tuesday in a commercial building in the 3800 block of Carolina Avenue, across from Richmond Raceway.

Henrico firefighters were called at about 5:10 to respond to reports of smoke coming from the building. Once they arrived five minutes later, they found thick smoke pushing from the rood on two sides of a warehouse whose tenant specializes in woodworking and hardwood floors.
> Read more.
Bail Bonds Chesterfield VA

Fire engulfs Eastern Henrico home


JULY 13, 5 P.M. – Six people were hospitalized following a fire that engulfed a home in Eastern Henrico Thursday morning.

At about 9:25 a.m., Henrico Fire officials received several calls about the fire in the 2500 block of Charles City Road, near Richmond International Airport.
> Read more.

No one injured by Far West End house fire


MAY 12, 2:30 P.M. – No one was injured during a fire at a home in Henrico's Far West End Friday morning.

The fire broke out shortly before 7:30 a.m. in the 13400 block of Elwell Lane, near North Gayton Road. An occupant of the house reported tha smoke was coming from the attic. Firefighters from Station 13 were on scene within three minutes and met by the occupants, who told them that everyone had escaped the home.
> Read more.

Henrico house fire contained quickly


APR. 24, 9:15 A.M. – A house fire in Henrico's West End Sunday caused minor damage but resulted in no injuries. At about noon Sunday, Henrico Emergency Communications Officers received phone calls of smoke coming from a home in the 1700 block of Shewalt Circle, just one block off Hungary Road.
> Read more.

Henrico firefighters save dog from West End house fire


Henrico firefighters rescued a dog from a West End house fire April 5.

Firefighters were dispatched to the report of a fire in the 8000 block of River Road, near Forest Avenue, that afternoon.
> Read more.

Two-alarm fire displaces 21 from West End apartment complex


Twenty-one residents of a West End apartment complex were displaced by an early-morning fire today, but no one was injured by the blaze. One cat died in the fire, which was first reported at about 1:45 a.m. in the 3200 block of St. Martin's Trail, near J.R. Tucker High School.

Twelve apartments in the complex are uninhabitable, and the 20 adults and one child who lived in them are being assisted by the Henrico Office of Emergency Management and the American Red Cross. Both organizations worked with apartment management to help find temporary lodging and clothing for those displaced.
> Read more.

Eastern Henrico fire damages home; no one hurt


A mid-day fire in Eastern Henrico County damaged a home but did not result in any injuries.

The fire was reported at about 12:20 p.m. in the 3100 block of Yeadon Road, near the intersection of Mechanicsville Turnpike and Harvie Road. Firefighters arrived within six minutes and quickly determined that no one was home. Smoke and fire were visible from several windows, and a portion of the yard also was on fire.
> Read more.

West End fire kills 1, injures 3


An early morning house fire in Henrico's West End killed one person and injured three others.

Eighty-six year-old Mary Williams Booth died in the fire, which broke out in a home in the 2700 block of Darnell Road, near West Broad Street and Parham Road, shortly before 12:25 a.m. Jan. 11.

Henrico Fire officials responded to the residents about six minutes after a 911 call reported the fire.
> Read more.

No one injured in Northside house fire


No one was injured during a late night house fire Saturday in Henrico's Northside. The blaze in the 8300 block of Chamberlayne Road began while the occupants of the house were asleep, shortly before midnight Sunday.

An investigation concluded that the fire was accidental and began as the result of improper disposal of fireplace ashes. The two adults and two children in the home were awakened by smoke alarms and escaped without injuries.
> Read more.

Northern Henrico family displaced by apartment fire

A Dec. 22 fire displaced a family in northern Henrico County.

Henrico Fire officials received a call for smoke coming from an apartment in the 700 block of Windomere Avenue, and firefighters arrived to the scene within four minutes. They determined that the fire was in the first floor walls and was extending to the second floor, and they opened the walls to extinguish the flames. But, the damage to the apartment displaced the occupants (for an as-yet undetermined amount of time). Officials from the Red Cross will assist them.
> Read more.

More than 30 residents displaced by apartment fire


More than 30 people were displaced following an apartment fire in the West End Sunday night.

At about 7:15 p.m. Sunday, Henrico's 911 center received a call reporting smoke in an apartment in the 4700 block of East Cardinal Court, near the intersection of West Broad Street and Wistar Road. Fire units arrived within four minutes and discovered smoke coming from one of the apartments into the breezeway.

Investigation revealed the fire was in the walls, which affected several different apartments on both the first and second floors in the front and back of the building. Although water reached the fire relatively quickly, the process was time consuming.
> Read more.

No one injured in Eastern Henrico shed fire


SEPT. 23, 10 A.M. – No one was injured during an early morning shed fire in Eastern Henrico today.

At approximately 3:55 a.m., Henrico County firefighters responded to the fire in the 4600 block of Sydclay Drive, near South Laburnum Avenue. A shed near the back of an apartment complex was on fire, and the heat from the fire had started to damage the back of the apartments. Firefighters were able to control the fire quickly, and there were no injuries as a result of the blaze.
> Read more.

Glen Allen house fire causes minor injuries to one


AUG. 31 – One person received minor injuries in a Glen Allen house fire early Wednesday morning.

At about 4:10 a.m., Henrico Division of Fire units responded to the report of a mattress on fire in the house, located in the 4900 block of Darrowby Road near Francistown Road. Units arrived to find flames coming from a second story bedroom window.

Firefighters immediately went inside to extinguish the fire and search for victims. They found both occupants and their dog outside, and the fire was contained to the bedroom.
> Read more.

Page 1 of 4 pages  1 2 3 >  Last ›

Henrico Business Bulletin Board

October 2017
S M T W T F S
·
·
·
·

Calendar page

tel:18772241804
tel:18772210315

Classifieds

PROFLOWERS. Send Flowers for Every Occasion! Anniversary, Birthday, Just Because. Starting at just $19.99. Go to http://www.proflowers.com/Celebrate to receive an extra 20 percent off any order over $29.99 or Call 1-888-706-3359
Full text

Place an Ad | More Classifieds

Calendar

Virginia Repertory Theatre will present Space Baby, an interactive performance for children ages 0-5 and their parents, at the following locations: North Park Library – Oct. 16 at 10:30 a.m.; Sandston Library – Oct. 17 at 10:30 a.m.; Glen Allen Library – Oct. 18 at 10:15 a.m.; and Varina Library – Oct. 19 at 10:30 a.m. Using established best practices in the field of Theatre for the Very Young, Space Baby engages young children through sounds, songs, stories, and sensory experiences — all the while demonstrating a Language Rich Environment for parents. Part of the national Talking is Teaching campaign. Space is limited. For details, visit http://www.henricolibrary.org. Full text

Your weather just got better.

Henricopedia

Henrico's Top Teachers

The Plate